RAF No 81 Squadron Spitfire photographs
Heinkel He IIIH shot down by RAF 81Sqn near Bone Algeria 15th Nov 1942 IWM CNA73
Operation TORCH: Flying Officer K L Waud (standing) of No. 81 Squadron RAF, accompanied by two other pilots, points to the damage on the wing of the Heinkel He-IIIH which he shot down near Bone, Algeria, on 15 November 1942.
Imperial War Museum IWM CN73 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209172
Supermarine Spitfire MkIXc RAF 81Sqn FL-A Colin Falkland Gray EN520 Tunesia Apr 1943. On the 12th August 1943 Colin Falkland Gray who was escorting B-26 Marauders ran short of fuel and had to bail out North of Malta. He was rescued by HSL
FF 11-2-43 R-RH Cv IX 9MU 13-2-43 47MU 25-2-43 Wanderer 12-3-43 Gibraltar 24-3-43 Malta 1-7-43 Sicily 1-8-43 Engine cut abandoned N of Malta 12-8-43 SOC 13-8-43
Spitfire MkIX RAF 81Sqn undergoing servicing at Tingley Algeria IWM CNA3836
Supermarine Spitfire Mark IXs of No. 81 Squadron RAF undergoing servicing in the sunset at Tingley Algeria.
Imperial War Museum IWM CNA 3836 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209484
Spitfire MkVbTrop RAF 81Sqn with Sqn Ldr CF Gray at Souk el Khemis Tunisia IWM CNA629
Squadron Leader C F Gray (walking towards the camera, wearing Mae West), Commanding Officer of No. 81 Squadron RAF, with other pilots and groundcrew, shortly after landing at Souk el Khemis ('Paddington'), Tunisia, following a sortie during which Gary shot down a Messerschmitt Bf 109G to claim his 20th victim. Behind them, Supermarine Spitfire Mark IX, EN445, received attention from the ground crew.
Imperial War Museum IWM CNA 629 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209214
Spitfire MkVbs RAF 81Sqn FLZ FLJ FLR FLW n FLA the Hornchurch Wing IWM CH6380
Five Spitfire Mark VBs of No. 81 Squadron RAF based at Hornchurch, Essex, flying in 'vic' formation.
Imperial War Museum IWM CH 6380 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205126939
Spitfire MkVbs RAF 81Sqn FLZ FLJ FLR FLW n FLA the Hornchurch Wing IWM CH6381
Spitfire VB's of No 81 Squadron, part of the Hornchurch wing, photographed in June 1942.
Imperial War Museum IWM CH 6381 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205219400
Please go to the Official 1C Company forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/
Magazine References: +
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
Web References: +
- History of RAF Organisation: http://www.rafweb.org
- History of RAAF: http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ot/raaf_01.shtml
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!