RAF No 66 Squadron Spitfire photographs
Spitfire MkI RAF 66Sqn LZ-N R6800 American volunteer, Plt/Off Hugh W Reilley based in Gravesend was on patrol over Westerham Kent when he was shot down by Kommodore Maj Werner Molders JG51 and crashed on Crockham Hill, near Sevenoaks Oct 17 1940
Article Source: Flypast Mar 2013
Spitfire MkI RAF 66Sqn LZN Sqn Ldr Rupert Leigh R6800 at Gravesend Sep 1940 IWM HU104503
Supermarine Spitfire Mk I R6800 LZ-N, flown by the CO of No. 66 Squadron, Sqn Ldr Rupert Leigh, running up its engine at Gravesend, September 1940.
Imperial War Museum IWM HU 104503 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205230029
Spitfire MkI RAF 66Sqn LZN Sqn Ldr Rupert Leigh R6800 at Gravesend Sep 1940 IWM HU104504
The CO of No. 66 Squadron, Sqn Ldr Rupert Leigh, climbs into his Spitfire Mk I, R6800 LZ-N, at Gravesend, September 1940.
Imperial War Museum IWM HU 104504 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205230030
Spitfire MkIXs RAF 66Sqn based at Bognor Regis Sussex 1944 IWM CL108
Supermarine Spitfires Mark IXs of No. 66 Squadron RAF based at Bognor Regis, Sussex, flying to Normandy to provide a cover patrol over the beachhead. The aircraft mounted two patrols, between which they refuelled at an advanced landing ground in France (note the long-range fuel tanks under the fuselage), before returning to their base airfield.
Imperial War Museum IWM CL 108 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205023035
Have fun Shado SO Official 1C Company forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/
Magazine References: +
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
Web References: +
- History of RAF Organisation: http://www.rafweb.org
- History of RAAF: http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ot/raaf_01.shtml
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!