350th Squadron (Belgium) Spitfire photographs
Spitfire F14 RAF 350Sqn APD RM619 ex 130qn at Lympne Kent IWM CL1353
Spitfire F Mark XIV, RM619 AP-D, taxying to the perimeter track at Lympne, Kent for an early morning patrol over Holland. Although still displaying the unit code letters of No. 130 Squadron RAF, RM619 had in fact been transferred to No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF.
Imperial War Museum IWM CL 1353 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205127136
Spitfire XIVe RAF 350Sqn ex RAF 130Sqn AP at Lympne Kent IWM CL1354
Flying Officer F "Fifi" Verpoorten of No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF starts up his Supermarine Spitfire Mark XIV at Lympne, Kent, for an early morning sortie over Holland. The aircraft still bears the unit codes of No. 130 Squadron RAF, having been recently transferred from that unit.
Imperial War Museum IWM CL 1354 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205211669
Spitfire XIVe RAF 350Sqn MNF RB169 at Lympne Kent IWM CL1364
Flying Officer J Wustefeld of No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF surveys the airfield from the wing of his Supermarine Spitfire Mark XIV, lined up with other aircraft of the Squadron at Lympne, Kent.
Imperial War Museum IWM CL 1364 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205211671
Spitfire XIVe RAF 350Sqn MNM RM764 at Lympne Kent IWM CL1360
Belgian ground crew refuelling Supermarine Spitfire Mark XIVE, RM764 'MN M', of No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF at Lympne, Kent.
Imperial War Museum IWM CL 1360 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205211670
W3646 Vb 1919 EA M45 FF 2-8-41 6MU 5-8-41 452S 16-8-41 GAL 21-9-41 145S 22-11-41 350S 11-2-42 VASM 29-7-42 mods FAAC 26-8-42 ros FACB 18-11-42 DeH Cunliffe-Owen 31-5-43 Cv Seafire Ib reserialled NX965 cancel later Cunliffe-Owen 11-8-43 RNDA 19-1-44 899S 2-44 886S 3-44 761S Henstridge 7-44 to 9-44
W3446 Vb 1845 EA M45 FF 4-7-41 5MU 8-7-41 54S 20-7-41 403S 4-8-41 AST 29-8-41 81S 20-4-42 72S 1-5-42 350S 20-5-42 crashed on return convoy patrol Norwich CE 14-6-42 SOC 15-6-42 Sgt M H M Raes killed
AR380 Vb West M45 38MU 17-3-42 350S 20-7-42 Shot down by fighters nr Dieppe 19-8-42
Please go to the Official 1C Company forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/
Magazine References: +
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
Web References: +
- History of RAF Organisation: http://www.rafweb.org
- History of RAAF: http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ot/raaf_01.shtml
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!