RAF 607 (County of Durham) Squadron Spitfire photographs
Spitfire IIa RAF 607Sqn AFV P7290 at Duxford Cambridgeshire IWM CH5291
Spitfire Mark IIA, P7290 AF-V, of the Air Fighting Development Unit based at Duxford, Cambridgeshire, in flight with another aircraft of the unit.
Imperial War Museum IWM CH 5291 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205023614
Spitfire MkVIII RAF 607Sqn AFB MV328 at Mingaladon Burma IWM CF663
Pilots of No. 607 Squadron RAF, returning from a sortie against Japanese troops attempting to cross the Sittang river, (The Battle of Sittang Bend), walk past their Supermarine Spitfire Mark VIIIs at the monsoon-flooded airfield at Mingaladon, Burma.
Imperial War Museum IWM CF 663 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205207770
Spitfire MkVIII RAF 607Sqn AFK at Mingaladon Burma IWM CF660
Royal Air Force Operations: Airmen prepare a Supermarine Spitfire Mark VIII of No 607 Squadron for a sortie during moonsoon conditions at Mingaladon, Burma.
Imperial War Museum IWM CF 660 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205194202
Spitfire MkVIII RAF 607Sqn AFP MT701 at Mingaladon May 1944 IWM CI1458
Pilots of No. 607 Squadron RAF, leave their Supermarine Spitfire Mark VIIIs to cross the rain-soaked airfield at Mingaladon, Burma, after returning from a sortie against Japanese troops and shipping on the Sittang river, (The Battle of Sittang Bend). They are (left to right): Flight Lieutenant D A Pidgeon of Tadworth, Surrey; Warrant Officer W G Yates of West Bridgford, Nottingham, and Flight Sergeant R H Whittle of Bracknell, Berkshire.
Imperial War Museum IWM CI 1458 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209696
Spitfire MkVIII RAF 607Sqn AFP at Mingaladon Burma IWM CI1567
A Supermarine Spitfire Mark VIII of No. 607 Squadron RAF being serviced at Mingaladon, Burma, shortly before the Squadron's disbandment.
Imperial War Museum IWM CI 1567 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209725
Spitfire MkVIII RAF 607Sqn AFZ JG354 at Mingaladon Burma IWM CI1565
Air Vice-Marshal C A Bouchier, Air Officer Commanding No. 221 Group RAF, greets Flight-Lieutenant D E Nicholson of Harrow, Middlesex, on completing the last operational sortie by No. 607 Squadron RAF prior to its disbandment at Mingaladon, Burma. Behind them, Nicholson's Supermarine Spitfire Mark VIII, JG354 'AF-Z', receives attention from ground crew.
Imperial War Museum IWM CI 1565 https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209724
Please go to the Official 1C Company forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/
Imphal Airport, Imphal, Manipur, India Map
Magazine References: +
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
Web References: +
- History of RAF Organisation: http://www.rafweb.org
- History of RAAF: http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ot/raaf_01.shtml
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!