Heinkel He 111H Iraqi Coup ex 6./KG4 (5J+JM)
He 111 as was used in the Iraqi coup against the British early in the war. It can easily be deduced that the use/loan of this aircraft was a hasty decision, the German markings being very crudely painted over.
Asisbiz hasn't produced any game skins as yet.
IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad - https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35355-official-skin-template-links-updated-7419/
Fliegerführer Irak Footnotes
- Some sources indicate that this unit was named "Special Force Junck" (Sonderkommando Junck)
- Playfair states this force was made up initially of 14 Messerschmitt 110s and 7 Heinkel 111s. Lyman states it was 12 Heinkel 111s and 12 Messerschmitt 110s. Mackenzie states the force consisted of 15 Heinkel 111s and 14 Messerschmitt 110s. Kurowski states the force consisted of 9 Heinkel 111s and 12 Messerschmitt 110s.
- Lyman indicates von Blomberg was shot down by Iraqi troops while Kurowski indicates that he was shot when Arab tribesmen fired into the air and was found to be dead upon landing
Fliegerführer Irak Citations
- Lyman, p. 63
- Kurowski, p. 131
- Kurowski, p. 141
- Playfair (1956), pp. 194�195
- Kurowski, p. 131
- Playfair (1956), p. 195
- Mackenzie, p. 100
- Lyman, pp. 64�65
- Lyman, p. 60
- Lyman, pp. 66�68
- Kurowski, p. 140
- Playfair (1956), pp. 196
- Wavell, p. 4095
- Churchill, Chapter 14, The Revolt in Iraq, p. 234
- Thomas 2002, p. 81
- Lyman, p. 84
Fliegerführer Irak Bibliography: +
- Churchill, Winston (1985) . 'Chapter 14: The Revolt in Iraq'. The Second World War, Volume III, The Grand Alliance. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company. ISBN 0-395-41057-6.
- Lyman, Robert (2006). Iraq 1941: The Battles for Basra, Habbaniya, Fallujah and Baghdad. Campaign. Oxford, New York: Osprey Publishing. p. 96. ISBN 1-84176-991-6.
- Kurowski, Franz (2005). The Brandenburger Commandos: Germany's Elite Warrior Spies in World War II. Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania: Stackpole Book. ISBN 978-0-8117-3250-5.
- Mackenzie, Compton. Eastern Epic: Volume 1 September 1939 � March 1943 Defence. London: Chatto & Windus. OCLC 59637091.
- Playfair, Major-General I.S.O.; with Flynn R.N., Captain F.C.; Molony, Brigadier C.J.C. & Toomer, Air Vice-Marshal S.E. (2004) [1st. pub. HMSO 1956].
- Butler, J.R.M (ed.). The Mediterranean and Middle East, Volume II The Germans come to the help of their Ally (1941). History of the Second World War, United Kingdom Military Series. Naval & Military Press. ISBN 1-84574-066-1.
- Thomas, Andrew (2002). Gloster Gladiator Aces. Botley, UK: Osprey Publishing. ISBN 1-84176-289-X.
- Wavell, Archibald (1946). Despatch on Operations in Iraq, East Syria and Iran from 10th April, 1941 to 12th January, 1942. London: War Office. in 'No. 37685'.
- The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 August 1946. pp. 4093�4102.
Web References: +
- Nordic Aviation in World War 2: http://www.rafandluftwaffe.info/
- Photographic Site Airliners.net: http://www.airliners.net/
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fliegerf%C3%BChrer_Irak
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!