Messerschmitt Bf 109E I.(J)LG2 (W8+x) Zilistea Rumania 1941 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E I.(J)LG2 (W8+x) Zilistea Rumania 1941 02
2. Staffel I. (J) Gruppe Lehrgeschwader 2 - 2(J)./LG2
Messerschmitt Bf 109E4B 2.(J)LG2 Black 10 WNr 2060 Tudora Botosani Romania Jun 1941 Avions 190 P26
Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3 Black 2 Werk Nr 703 of 2.(J)/LG 2 Luik/Liege area soon after the offensive in the West in 1940
Photo 01: Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 'black 2' Werknr 703 of 2.(J)/LG 2 photographed in the Luik/Liege area soon after the offensive in the West in 1940. This aircraft is believed to have been the aircraft flown by Uffz. Friedrich Möller who after returning from a mission was low on fuel and belly landed his aircraft on May 10th 1940. The aircraft was returned back to the Erla factory in Leipzig on June 3rd 1940 because of the 23% damage and after repair was sent to II./JG 51 and flown by Hptm. Josef Fözö. Reference: LUFTWAFFE im Focus Edition 1 2002. Liège is a major city and municipality of Belgium located in the province of Liège, of which it is the economic capital, in Wallonia, the French-speaking region of Belgium. Wikipedia
Bf-109F II./JG 51 ((+ Josef Fözö Bf-109F II./JG 51 Yellow 1 Josef Fözö Bf 109D 'Red 6', Bf 109E-1 '6-129' L.C.(dam), Bf 109E-1 'White 1' in 4/JG-51, Bf 109E-4 WNr 703 'Black <<' in II/JG-51, (Bf 109F-2 WNr 12836 'Blk <<' (dam 7/11/41), Bf 109F-2 WNr 8086 (dam 5/31/42), Bf 109F-2 WNr 9462 (dam 6/23/41)
ASISBIZ I believe the pilot may of been Herbert Möller not Friedrich Möller
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4 2(J)./LG2 Black 10 Balkans 1941
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4 2(J)./LG2 (Black 12+) Balkans 1941 00
Profile 00: Messerschmitt Bf 109E 'Black 12' of 2.(J)/LG2, Balkans, 1941 Finished in a 71/02/65 scheme with neatly mottled fuselage sides, this aircraft is believed to have been an E-4 and carries the emblem of 1.(Jagd)/LG2 below the windscreen. Although a yellow band has been added to the rear fuselage, the machine lacks the characteristic yellow rudder and wingtips normally associated with the Balkans campaign and with the yellow cowling applied during the Battle of Britain, otherwise remains as it would have appeared during 1940.
Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4 2./LG2 (B12+) Balkans 1941 01
Photo 01: 'Black 12' of 2.(J)/LG2 in the Balkans. Note the yellow engine cowling and fuselage band and the emblem of 1. Gruppe under the cockpit which shows a map of Great Britain enclosed within an ornate letter 'L'
New IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - COD skins
Some of the most widely used Book References:
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase One: July-August 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 1) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Eddie J Creek (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Two: August-September 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 2) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Three: September-October 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 3) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Four: November 1940-June 1941 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 4) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
Some of the most widely used Magazine References:
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
If you love aircraft as much as we do please help!
A small donation can go a long way allowing us to make this site even better !!
Or if you have any additional historical information about the person's or aircraft featured on our website please email me so we can add more details about the historic events featured here. If you have any additional photo's they of course would be most welcome. We also can recreate graphic profile's upon request.
This webpage was updated 29th June 2015