Bristol Bolingbroke IVT wreck in a Manitoba junk yard 2006
Bristol Bolingbroke Mk4T 9120 Canadian Museum of Flight and Transportation 01
Bristol Bolingbroke MIV RCAF 4 Bombing & Gunnery School 9097 Fingal Ontario 1942
9097 Bristol Fairchild Aircraft Ltd., Longueuil PQ Bolingbroke Mk. IV 142M first date: 29 January 1942 - Taken on strength No. 1 Training Command
First assigned to No. 4 Bombing & Gunnery School at Fingal, Ontario. Major crash on 28 January 1943 near Winnipeg, while transferring to Western Air Command. To workshop reserve at No. 8 Repair Depot, Winnipeg for repairs on 10 February 1943. Noted as transferred from JATP to Home War Establishment same date. To Western Air Command on 15 June 1943. To workshop reserve at No. 3 Repair Depot, Vancouver, on 27 November 1943. To stored reserve with Western air Command on 27 October 1944. Pending disposal from 15 September 1945. By 1 May 1946 stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Patricia Bay, BC, where it was noted with 304:55 total time.
last date: 6 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal
Bristol Bolingbroke MkIV RCAF 119Sqn DMH 9052 Yarmouth Nova Scotia 9th June 1942 01
9052 Bristol Fairchild Aircraft Ltd., Longueuil PQ Bolingbroke Mk. IV 142M first date: 24 November 1941 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command
First Assigned to No. 119 (BR) Squadron at RCAF Station Yarmouth, NS. To Western Air Command on 20 June 1942, for use by No. 147 (BR) Squadron, established at RCAF Station Sea Island, BC in July 1942. To storage on 5 April 1944. Pending disposal from 15 April 1945. By 1 March 1946 stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Patricia Bay, BC, where it was noted with 760:35 total time. last date: 6 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal
Bristol Bolingbroke MkIV RCAF 115Sqn BK-V 9030 Patricia Bay 1942
Photo 01: Bristol Bolingbroke MkIV RCAF 115Sqn BK-V 9030 Patricia Bay 1942. Patricia Bay ("Pat Bay" to locals) is a body of salt water which extends east from Saanich Inlet and forms part of the shoreline of North Saanich, British Columbia.
9030 Bristol Fairchild Aircraft Ltd., Longueuil PQ Bolingbroke Mk. IV 142M first date: 16 October 1941 - Taken on strength by the T&D Establishment at Rockcliffe
Delivered new to the Test and Development Establishment at RCAF Station Rockcliffe, Ontario, for performance tests with Rotol propellers, and cabin heating experiments. To Fairchild Canada for modifications to the cabin heating installation, 10 November to 3 December 1941. To No. 3 Training Command when completed, for further work with the T&D Establishment To Western Air Command on 12 December 1941, for use by No. 115 (F) Squadron at RCAF Station Patricia Bay BC. To stored reserve with No. 4 Training Command on 15 September 1943. To stored reserve with No. 2 Training Command on 1 June 1944, issued from storage on 6 November 1944. Used by No. 3 Bombing & Gunnery School at MacDonald, Manitoba. To No. 2 Air Command on 1 December 1944. To storage on 2 February 1945. Pending disposal from 12 October 1945. By 15 May 1946 in storage at MacDonald, Manitoba. Also stored at Brandon, Manitoba, date not known, noted there with 388:20 logged time. last date: 13 May 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for sale
Bristol Bolingbroke MkIVT RCAF in the Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum Brandon Manitoba 01
Bristol Bolingbroke MIV RCAF 8Sqn YOO 9040 RCAF Station Sea Island BC 1942
Bristol Bolingbroke Unit Code '39-'42 YO, '42 GA; Bolingbroke Mk I & Mk IV (Dec 1940 - Aug 1943) 702 YO-A, 9025, YO-X, 9048 YO-T 9040 Bristol Fairchild Aircraft Ltd., Longueuil PQ Bolingbroke Mk. IV 142M first date: 27 September 1941 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command
First used by No. 8 (BR) Squadron at RCAF Station Sydney, NS. Still with 8 Squadron when it transferred to Western Air Command, stationed at RCAF Station Sea Island, BC on 12 January 1942. Used by No. 122 (K) Squadron, RCAF Station Patricia Bay, BC, c.1942 to 1944. To stored reserve on 22 February 1944. Pending disposal from 18 April 1945. By May 1946 stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at Patricia Bay, where it was noted with 682:10 logged time. last date: 6 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for sale
Have fun Asisbiz AS Official 1C Company forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/
- Air Ministry Pilot's Notes: Blenheim. London: OHMS/Air Data Publications, 1939.
- Air Ministry Pilot's Notes: Blenheim V. London: OHMS/Air Data Publications, 1942.
- Barnes, C.H. Bristol Aircraft Since 1910. London: Putnam, 1970. ISBN 0-85177-804-6.
- Boiten, T. Bristol Blenheim. Ramsbury, Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK: The Crowood Press, 1998. ISBN 1-86126-115-2.
- Bowyer, C. Bristol Blenheim. London: Ian Allen, 1984. ISBN 0-7110-1351-9.
- Chorley, W.R. RAF Bomber Command Losses of the Second World War: 1939-40 v. 1. Earl Shilton, Leicester, UK: Midland Publishing, 1998. ISBN 978-0-904597-85-1.
- Ciglic, Boris and Dragan Savic.Croatian Aces of World War II (Osprey Aircraft of the Aces - 49). London: Oxford, 2002. ISBN 1-84176-435-3.
- Donald, David. The Complete Encyclopedia of World Aircraft. New York: Barnes & Noble, 1997. ISBN 0-7607-0592-5.
- Falconer, Jonathon. The Bomber Command Handbook 1939-1945. Stroud, UK: Sutton Publishing Limited, 1998. ISBN 978-0-7509-1819-0.
- Frith, David. Pageant of Cricket. Melbourne: The MacMillian Company of Australia, 1987. ISBN 978-0-333-45177-9.
- Keskinen, Kalevi et al. Suomen Ilmavoimien Historia 10, Bristol Blenheim (in Finnish). Loviisa, Finland: Painoyhtymä Oy, 2004. ISBN 952-99432-1-0.
- Jefford, C.G. RAF Squadrons: A Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of All RAF Squadrons and Their Antecedents Since 1912. Shrewsbury, UK: Airlife Publishing 2001. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
- Lake, Jon. Blenheim Squadrons of World War 2. Oxford, UK: Osprey Publishing, 1998. ISBN 1-85532-723-6.
- Mackay, Ron. Bristol Blenheim in Action. Carrollton, Texas: Squadron/Signal Publications, 1998. ISBN 0-89747-209-8.
- March, Daniel J., ed. British Warplanes of World War II. London: Aerospace, 1998. ISBN 1-874023-92-1.
- Marttila, Jukka. Bristol Blenheim - Taitoa ja tekniikkaa (in Finnish). Vantaa, Finland: Blenimi-Publishing, 1989. ISBN 952-90-0170-3.
- Mason, Francis K. The British Bomber Since 1914. London: Putnam Aeronautical Books, 1994. ISBN 0-85177-861-5.
- Mondey, David. The Hamlyn Concise Guide to American Aircraft of World War II. London: Aerospace Publishing Ltd, 1996. ISBN 0-7858-1361-6.
- Sakaida, Henry. Japanese Army Air Force Aces 1937-45. Oxford, UK: Osprey Publishing, 1997. ISBN 1-85532-529-2.
- Thomas, A. Bristol Blenheim (Warpaint No. 26). London: Hall Park Books, 2000. ISBN 1-84176-289-X.
- Warner, G. The Bristol Blenheim: A Complete History. London: Crécy Publishing, 2nd edition 2005. ISBN 0-85979-101-7.
- Wheeler, Barry C. The Hamlyn Guide to Military Aircraft Markings. London: Chancellor Press, 1992. ISBN 1-85152-582-3.
Magazine References: +
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/
Web References: +
- History of RAF Organisation: http://www.rafweb.org
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/
Please donate so we can make this site even better !!