8. Staffel III. Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 27 - 8./JG27
Messerschmitt Bf 109E7/Trop 2./JG 27 (Black 8+) Franz Elles Libya 1941
This is an Urban Legend! Schoer did fly ‘Schwarze 8’ only two times… Written on his flight log. Normal pilot was Fw. Franz Elles.
Else: It’s not 8./JG27 but 2./JG 27 so far.
So, I change all the texts, now, if you want, you can add a note explaining what I said above; remove the pilot’s picture and The text concerning Schoer… It’s up to you.
Messerschmitt Bf 109E 2./JG27 (Black 8+) Fw. Franz Elles Libya 1941
Profile 00: Bf 109E 2./JG 27 (B8+) Franz Elles Libya 1941 01
Photo 01: Black 8 outlined in red, of 2./JG27 flying close to the coastline of North Africa. This view shows particularly clearly the camouflage pattern on the upper surface of the wings. Three red victory bars are carried on the rudder.
2./JG 27 Franz Elles 01
- No game skins for this unit as yet!
Units: 2./JG-27 (9/40 Channel & 5/41 N.Africa)
Awards: EK 1 & 2, Fighter Operational Clasp
Known Aircraft: Bf 109E-1 WNr 3875 (dam 9/15/40), Bf 109F-4/Trop WNr 8537 'Red 9' (lost 12/11/41)
Remarks: POW , when he crash landed at Tmimi after taking hits from a P-40 of RAF No. 250 Sq. near Gazala. All victories in the Desert. Uninjured in a crash landing at Guines-West airfield on 15 September, 1940 from combat damage and running out of fuel. His first victory, a Hurricane of RAF No. 274 Sq. south of Tobruk on 16 May, 1941. His 2nd, a Hurricane of RAF No. 274 Sq., piloted by Sgt. Crump, into the sea off Tobruk. A 3rd, a Hurricane of SAAF No. 1 Sq, piloted by Capt. Kok in the Sollum-Bardia- Capuzzo area on 16 June, 1941. This may have been his 5th an unescorted Boston, on it's way to bomb troops at Laib Esem, on 10 December, 1941. Deceased 3 November, 2002.
|Date||Pilot Name||Unit||Enemy A/C Type||Height||Time||Location|
|16-May-41||Franz Elles||2./JG27||Hurricane||09.37||S Tobruk|
|16-Jun-41||Franz Elles||2./JG27||Hurricane||11.55||South of Bardia|
|10-Dec-41||Franz Elles||2./JG27||A-20 Boston III||14.01||E Bir Hacheim|
Some of the most widely used Book References:
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase One: July-August 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 1) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Eddie J Creek (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Two: August-September 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 2) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Three: September-October 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 3) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Four: November 1940-June 1941 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 4) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
Some of the most widely used Magazine References:
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/