Stab Jagdgeschwader 21 - Stab JG21
Messerschmitt Bf 109E1 Stab I./JG21 chevron bar June 1940 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E4 JG21 which became III./JG54 01
1 Staffel I Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 21 - 1./JG21
Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 1./JG21 White 5 being salvaged Poland Sep 1939 01-02
Messerschmitt Bf 109E1 1./JG21 White 10 force landed Holland June 1940 01-04
Messerschmitt Bf 109E1 1./JG21 White 7 taxi accident Munster Loddenheide 1939-40 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E4 1./JG21 White 4 WNr 5623 Stkz NI+ZH take off weather related Rouen France 15th Jun 1940 01-02
2 Staffel I Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 21 - 2./JG21
Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 2./JG21 Red 14 Walter Nuhr force landing 6th Sep 1939 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 2./JG21 Red 3 Germany 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E1 2./JG21 Black 10 Richard Woick landing mishap 30th May 1940 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E3 2./JG21 Black 4 belly landed 01
Messerschmitt Bf 109E4 2./JG21 which became III./JG54 01
2. Staffel I. Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 21 later became 6.III./JG 54
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 2./JG21 Black 14 shot down by flak De Klomp Holland 10th May 1940
Book Source: Jagdwaffe Vol 1 Section 3 - Poland and France 1940 - 260
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 2./JG21 Black 4 shot down
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 2./JG21 Black 10 shot down
Web Source: These photo's have been grabbed from the web and have been edited but show the variation of the emblem and additional unit no's.
3 Staffel I Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 21 - 3./JG21
Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 3./JG21 Yellow 1 Staffelkapitans accident Germany 01
Hubertus von Holtey
Bf 109E 109 (E-1 black 14) On may 10th 1940 black 14 was flown by Staffelkapitän Olt Hubertus von Holtey. Flying above the Netherlands, Von Holtey was hit by flak fire south of the IJsselmeer and crashed near De Klomp. Von Holtey was wounded and taken POW (Completion photo on this story). Bf 109E photo taken on crasch site (Buurtschap de Klomp Gemeente Ede) in Englisch; Township de Klomp, municipality of Ede, province Gelderland, Netherlands I hope you can use it Sincerely,
I'm sorry I was in France for a couple of days.
1/ Hummm this picture is better than the previous one.
2/ I have, more or less the same caption than yours.
3/ Eggers was 2./JG 21 Staka, not von Holtey.
4/ Von Holtey is in JG 26 loss list, not JG 21 or JG 54.
- COD game skin by asisbiz Bf 109E1 2/.JG21 Black 10 emblem is reversed
- COD game skin by asisbiz Bf 109E3 2/.JG21 Black 14 shot down by flak De Klomp Holland 10th May 1940
- COD game skin by asisbiz Bf 109E3 2/.JG21 Black 4 emblem is reversed
- COD game skin by asisbiz Bf 109E3 2/.JG21 Red 14 shot down by flak De Klomp Holland 10th May 1940
- COD skins by Matthew Laird Acred. One book say's the no 14 could be red but I believe it Black but shows paint overspray and is a little missleading but if you look at the prop which is Black, White and Red the colours show the no's as being Black not Red.
Units: 2./JG-21 ('39), Stfkpt 8./JG-54 ('40), Kdr Erg./JG-54 (3/41), Stfkpt 13./JG-51
Awards: EK 1 & 2, Fighter Operational Clasp
Known Aircraft: Bf 109E in JG-54; Ar 68, Bf 109 & Fw 190 in JG-102, Hs 129 in JG-51
Remarks: One known victory, a Polish P-24 near Warsaw on 6 September, 1939, while he was Stfkpt 2/JG-21. His 2nd & 3rd, a Hawk-75A at Cambrai and a Hawk N of Douai, 26 May, 1940. His 3rd, a Blenheim NW of Horn on 2 July, 1940. Egger served in 13(Pz)/JG-51 in August of 1942. (This unit was later redesignated 14(Pz)/SG-9 on 18 October, 1943) flying the Hs129. In February of 1943, he commanded I/JG-102.
Units: Stfkpt 5./JG-26 (5/40), Kdr Erg./JG-26 Erganzungsgruppe (Oper. Readiness Offz), 8/40
Awards: Spanish Cross, EK 1 & 2, Wound Badge, Fighter Operational Clasp
Known Aircraft: Bf 109E WNr 5819 (lost 5/11/40)
Remarks: Werk# 5819 had been one of Galland's AC, which he crashed at Ijsselmeer Holland on 11 May, 1940, cause unknown. His one known victory, a Fokker XXI over Amsterdam, shared with 3 others, 10 May, 1940. (Walter Schneider, Walter Meyer & Han Wemhöner). His 1st complete victory, a Blenheim over Senden, SW of Münster, 5 July, 1940. His 2nd, a Blenheim south of Vlissinghen on 12 August, 1941. He was injured in a crash S of the Zuider Zee on 11 May, 1940 in a Bf 109E.
Some of the most widely used Book References:
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase One: July-August 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 1) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Eddie J Creek (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Two: August-September 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 2) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Three: September-October 1940 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 3) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
- Jagdwaffe: Battle of Britain: Phase Four: November 1940-June 1941 (Luftwaffe Colours: Volume Two, Section 4) Paperback Eric Mombeek (Author), David Wadman (Author), Martin Pegg (Author)
Some of the most widely used Magazine References:
- Airfix Magazines (English) - http://www.airfix.com/
- Avions (French) - http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/rubrique10.html
- FlyPast (English) - http://www.flypast.com/
- Flugzeug Publikations GmbH (German) - http://vdmedien.com/flugzeug-publikations-gmbh-hersteller_verlag-vdm-heinz-nickel-33.html
- Flugzeug Classic (German) - http://www.flugzeugclassic.de/
- Klassiker (German) - http://shop.flugrevue.de/abo/klassiker-der-luftfahrt
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://boutique.editions-lariviere.fr/site/abonnement-le-fana-de-l-aviation-626-4-6.html
- Le Fana de L'Aviation (French) - http://www.pdfmagazines.org/tags/Le+Fana+De+L+Aviation/
- Osprey (English) - http://www.ospreypublishing.com/
- Revi Magazines (Czech) - http://www.revi.cz/