- GenMaj Ernst Uhl, 15 Mar 1943 - 15 Jul 1943
- Oberst Johann Edler von Krziwanek, 15 Jul 1943 - 31 Oct 1943
- Oberst Georg Trost, Apr 1944 - Jan 1945
- Oberst Hermann Rudhardt, Jan 1945 - Feb 1945
Formed Mar 1943 in Northern Italy. In Summer 1943 became 17. Flak-Brigade.
Oct 1943 redesignated General der Flakartillerie Süd.
Reformed Apr 1944 in Budapest (as 17. Flak-Brigade) from Stab/Flak-Regiment 71, controlling both German and Hungarian Flak units. Operated no Stab/Flak-Regiment until Nov 1944.
- 1 May 1944 with s.573 (v), s.632 (v), gem. I./48 (mot.) and gem. I./42 (mot.)
- 1 Jun 1944 with s.573 (v), s.632 (v), gem. I./48 (mot.) and s. I./42 (mot.)
- 1 Jul 1944 with s.573 (v), s.632 (v) and gem. I./42 (mot.)
- 1 Aug 1944 with s. I./42 (Sf), gem. I./48 (mot.), s.573 (v) and s.632 (v)
- 1 Sep 1944 with s. I./40 (Sf), gem. I./48 (mot.), s.573 (v), s.632 (v), 6./s.516 and 5.-7./Lsp.105
- 1 Oct 1944 with 5.-7./Lsp.105 , 6./s.516 , s.573 (v), s.615 (b.mot.) and s.632 (v)
- 1 Nov 1944 with gem. II./43 (mot.); Stab, 5.-7./Lsp.105 ; gem.181 (v); s.342 (b.mot.); gem.375 (v); 6./s.516 ; s.573 (v); s.615 (b.mot.); s.632 (v); le.774 (v); Stab/s.803 (v) with 7./s.285 (b.mot.), 6./s.403 (b.mot.) and s.Flak-Bttr.zbV 6218; Stab/s.905 with 4./s.695 (b.mot.), s.Flak-Bttr.zbV 6216, 6217 and 6258; Flak-Transport-Bttr. 38./XVII
- 1 Dec 1944 with Stab/Flak-Regiment 104 (mot.) and Flak-Transport-Bttr. 38./XVII
Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 177 was subordinated to the Division during its existence.
Destroyed in Budapest, and was officially disbanded 1 Feb 1945, while the remnants was absorbed by Stab/Flak-Regiment 37.
Subordinated to Luftflotte 2, from Apr 1944 Kommandierende General der Deutschen Luftwaffe in Ungarn and from Dec 1944 V. Flakkorps.